At Kora Childcare Centre, a child’s safety is important to us. So, we trained our team to be aware of children’s health and safety.
- Upon the enrolment we ask some questions regarding your child’s allergies and dietary requirements. Base on the information given by families we create a list and provide it to the room. As a result, every member of our team knows exactly what every child is able to eat.
- Every team member has access to the children’s information regarding dietary requirement, allergenic, cultural, and medical requirements.
- Our entrance is monitored all the time by one of our team members to keep record of everyone arriving at our center.
- We will not release your child to anyone without your written permission.
- All team members have current Working With Children Check.
- We apply sunscreen to children before going outside and reapply again after 2 hours.
How Kora Childcare Centre is handling Covid – 19
In this time of uncertainty and change, the health and safety of our children, families and staff remains a high priority. In this respect, we have drawn up an Epidemic/Pandemic Policy and Action Plan.
Our Covid-19 Health And Safety Plan:
- A child with cough, cold or fever cannot attend the centre.
- Arrival and departure procedures – Drop off your child at the door with Contact less sign in and sign out.
- Personal Protective Equipment – Hand sanitiser available for parents, staff, children and visitors. Gloves worn during food preparation, food serving, nappy changing, etc.
- Workplace Precautions – Observe social distancing between team members and visitors. Observe regular hand sanitising.
- Cleaning – High traffic and touch areas cleaned at intervals. Daily cleaning of toys, surfaces and immediate cleaning of resources that have come in contact with child’s mouth. Bedding e.g. blankets, pillows never to be shared between children.
- Supervision and Environment Planning – Team members to remain in designated rooms. Limited number of children in rooms where possible. No self-service at meal times.
- Hygiene Practices – Sanitising hands upon entry and departure. Strict hand washing and use of gloves procedures.